Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

I love Skype and IPhone 4! Today I went to Toronto Island. It was a beautiful day, I sat and read up on my photography while Mark tried his hand catching the elusive (thank god!) Carp in the canals (I keep picturing the three eyed fish from the Simpsons). While I was sitting on the pier I decided to call my Mom…it is Mothers day after all. I didn’t just call her though I Skype’d her on my IPhone and I was able to show her all around and chat and the same time…it was soooo good. My Mom has never been to Toronto so it was nice to share that with her :)

Started my photography class on Saturday…I came out of it a little more confused than when I went in! I think maybe I didn’t explain my idea very well because the teacher thinks I’m doing something else…I have no idea how to explain it but I better figure it out and fast!

We had a “Yard” BBQ on Saturday it was great! So my building is a building without terraces but there is a small side yard/waste land. Last year one the the girls in the building decided to start a garden…slowly as the plants started to grow so did the collection of people who decided to hangout in the “Yard”. This is how I met most of my neighbours! We started a collection of found objects such as lawn chairs, a wagon, an old BBQ, etc...This year more neighbours are joining the “Yard” fun and we have quite a few plants in our garden already.
IMG_0907
Yummy…mines in the tinfoil…it’s salmon..

IMG_0923
The Garden…full already…I think some stuff will have to be moved once it grows a little

IMG_0928
Cutest little garden decoration!

IMG_0908
The siting area full of found objects..or freecycled things.

IMG_0924
IMG_0915
IMG_0950
IMG_0945
IMG_0951
IMG_0939
IMG_0943
IMG_0925
IMG_0926
IMG_0955
As you can see we have an assortment of “Yard Dwellers” and a few are missing
Apparently a garden can grow many things including Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment