Thursday, June 30, 2011

I think I can...I think I can...

So you may or may not of noticed the badge at the bottom of my page or the button on the side but I have registered for the "CIBC Run for the Cure" on Oct 2, 2011. It is a fundraiser for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation and it is a 5K/1K run/walk. I joined the Booty Camp Fitness Team so I wouldn't be alone. My former Booty Camp Fitness instructor Susan is on the team, and she is awesome, so I know she would encourage me to do my best!

I have two close family members who have been diagnosed with breast cancer and survived; my Nan (now in her mid 80's), who was diagnosed twice on two separate occasions, and her daughter, my Aunt Tena.This is my effort to spread some good Karma, I will be running so everyone can be as lucky as me.

I *Heart* My Nan  


I HOPE TO WILL run the whole 5K...this is my new goal. Problem is I am not much of a runner..I have 94 days left to become one. I know if I have even a quarter of their strength than I can.

Run for the Cure To Do List:
  1. Create My Donation Web page & Start fundraising
  2. Dig out my old "Learn to Run" notes and read them
  3. Create a 5K route
  4. Create a Training schedule
  5. Run my ass off
Wish Me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment