Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hump Day!

Thank God it's almost the Weekend!.... Well OK...its only hump day but that's a lot closer than it was on Monday!

The Weekend past was great...went to a movie on Friday night, "Water for the Elephants", it was awesome. I read the book and loved it so I was pleased when the movie stayed true to the book. I was a bit sceptical about going to see it because some people have said it wasn't all that good, but as long as you can get past Robert Patterson as Edward from Twilight and see him as this new character you'll be fine.

Saturday was a beautiful sunny day finally so we spent the entire day outside, we walked down to our local coffee house and proceeded to hunt down some BBQ necessities. We had a "Yard" BBQ planned with our neighbours in the afternoon and it was delish. Ribs, kabobs, sausages, pasta salad, grilled asparagus and portabellos.....and for desert Grilled pineapple with Cinnamon and brown sugar......yummmmm.

After waking up on Sunday feeling the effects of being outside all day the day before I was kinda glad it was raining. I planned out what we were going to eat this week for lunches and suppers and picked up my groceries. $20 under budget! Then spent the rest of the day watching made for TV movies...gotta love rainy days.

I think the the problem with my meal planning before was that I was trying hard to make sure everything was super healthy and I had no idea what to make for every meal! So I went back to starting small again...starting out with our regular meals; pasta, stir fry, chicken, etc; but then I added in a super healthy lunch for me. Now that I think about it none of my meals are very unhealthy...hmm maybe it's all in my head

Monday night I went to a step class at the gym and found out exactly how uncoordinated  I am...I had never sweat so much it my life! After the gym I showered off and hoofed it to the Auld Spot Pub where I met with some of the Girls from Photography. We chatted up a storm until 12am,  when I got home I think I literally died.

Tuesday after work I met with my friend Clinton that I haven't seen in 2 years we had supper at the Loose  Moose and walked around town for a bit. On the way home I stopped at my neighbours house to say Happy Birthday and drop off a card, it was 11:15pm by the time I got home.

All in all it's been a busy week...and it's only half over. I have nothing on the go tonight but I do have to spend the night brain storming about my proposal for Photography class that is starting Saturday. I still don't have a concrete idea...wish me luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment